Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Shooting ANS's "Nuclear News" P1

As in "shooting the messenger".  And I am, and maybe I'll hit the sender (American Nuclear Society) too.

I criticized Nuclear News' coverage of the 2012 ANS's President's Special Session here, after criticizing the meeting itself.

In November's Nuclear News (NN) there is an editorial titled "Don't shoot the messenger" in which the Editor & Publisher, Betsy Tompkins, defends the publication against the criticism it received.  Ironically, the NN is shooting the messenger (me) who is delivering a message they don't seem to want to hear.

She provides two key arguments:

1.  Her reporters reported what was said, which as non-critical reporters they are supposed to do.

2.  Opinions expressed within the publication are not necessarily those of anyone else, including the American Nuclear Society.




I'll  be writing an email to Ms. Tompkins and I'll post the pertinent parts in P2.

I don't agree with her arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment